Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Must Post Something

I have a decision to make.

I need to either post more to this blog and hope it generates some interest, or hang it up entirely. Blogging is one of those things that it seems really cool, one of those things where you could influence people and talk about what is important to you. It can be that, if you're a Michelle Malkin, or Kim DuToit. If you're not, then you're like me. Wondering if it is worth the effort. Deciding what direction to take. Wondering if what you say matters enough to put it on the World Wide Web for all to see. Wondering if your time might be better spent elsewhere.

I initially started this blog to chronicle my thoughts as I progressed through graduate school. My life as a husband, father, employee, student, and instructor all seemed to beg for the sometimes cathartic release that ranting into the void of cyberspace can bring. My life is no less hectic than it was then, but just in a different sense. I thought that a few posts here and there might just spark the occasional visitor, but I reflect on the fact that there really isn't much to see here mostly because I just don't post often enough.

I could develop a political/issues blog. While politics is an interest of mine, I just don't have the energy to give to it anymore. The Republicans seem bent on becoming Democrats and Democrats are bent on becoming Marxists/Lenninists. When I have to consider voting for Rudy as the only way to keep Hillary out of the White House, there is something wrong with the body politic on a fundamental level.

I could develop a journal-style blog. The problem with that is I'm just too cynical to think anyone actually cares about what happens in my life outside of those who pretty much know when it happens. I also don't want to turn this into some kind of self-help, group therapy kind of thing. If I want that kind of stuff, I'll visit myspace.

So what to do? My leanings are more of an interpretation of the news kind of blog centering on politics and the issues that matter to me. In the end, I need to resolve to have regular updates (no more of this once every six weeks or so postings) and to create a direction for this blog. In the coming days, a change will come and it could be that this piece of the web simply disappears.

Any comments would be appreciated.

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog. It feels like I'm inside your brain and just flipping through it's files. I do wish you'd post more though, on whatever. If it's politics... then post. If it's family... then post. Whatever it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home