Thursday, April 19, 2007

Some movie fun

I've seen this meme cropping up all over the place so I thought I'd take a shot at it for all my loyal readers.

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

Star Wars (all six movies actually)

2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.

I usually don't see a movie multiple times in the theater. However, I did see The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King in the theater multiple times.

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.

I personally find Will Farrell to be hilarious. Anything with Keiffer Sutherland, Hugh Jackman, or Christian Bale has a better than average shot at being on my list.

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.

Leonardo DiCapprio, Tim Robbins, or Tom Cruise (after M:I 1).

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail. We have to quote the entire movie from memory in order to be a part of the geek culture.

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.

None. Anyone who knows me knows how much I loathe the entire genre of musicals.

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.

Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo. Just kidding. Does it count when you sing "Knights of the Round Table" from the movie mentioned in number 5?

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

Cars. Great movie about how egocentric we've become and how slowing down and caring for others helps us win in life.

9. Name a movie that you own.

The Lord of the Rings (both versions, the entire trilogy).

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

Will Smith, though I worried about him when he did "Fresh Prince of Bell Aire".

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

The only movie I remember seeing in a drive-in is Star Wars. I was 3 at the time.

12. Ever made out in a movie?

Oh yeah.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.

300

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

Wanted to walk out on Platoon, but it was for a class and I'm sure the professor wouldn't have taken kindly to a walk out.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

None. But Brian's Song made me cry when they showed it in class. Of course my dad had died of cancer a little over a year before.

16. Popcorn?

Salt, no butter.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

Not as much as I'd like. I really do enjoy going to the theater to see a movie. Having children cuts back on how often you can do this.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?

Wild Hogs

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

Movies that don't attempt to get blatantly political. Good stories are preferred regardless of genre. I prefer science fiction and action films, but they have to be good stories.

20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

Star Wars, though it was a drive-in.

21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Matrix Revolutions. Talk about taking an amazing story and just flushing it down the toilet.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Napoleon Dynamite. I just can't begin to describe that one. It requires multiple viewings and must be some kind of cultural thing.

23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?

Poltergeist. When the guy peels his face off I think I was scarred for life. Of course, I was only 12 at the time.

24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?

This is a tough one. I could be sarcastic and say "An Inconvenient Truth", but the truth is, I haven't seen that move, but I've heard its just hilarious. I'd have to say that Talladega Nights made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes at a couple of points. If its the funniest movie I've seen, I don't know. Tommy Boy was also very funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home