Saturday, January 07, 2006

First Post

Since I can never manage that subject line at any of my favorite sites (Slashdot, or Kim's site), I'll post it for my first blog entry.

A little about me and what you can expect to read about here. I try not to be too complicated, but my wife will tell you that I am more often than not very complicated. First, I am a Christian so everything in my life must be filtered through that spiritual reality for me. That being said, I'm a libertarian (small l) Conservative. Just because I am a Christian doesn't mean I demand adherence to my religion's precepts in order to interact with you.

My libertarian Conservatism means that I am in favor of a minimalistic government, am a strong believer in the Second Amendment as the only real protection for the First, I am a fierce opponent to the Nanny State, and April 15th is the absolute worst day of the year. That's really only the tip of the ice berg for me politically speaking, but you can expect to hear my commentary on political events as they occur. This means if you're a member of MoveOn.org, or thought Ferenheit 9/11 was a great film, this blog will likely have little for you to read.

I am also a man. Not in the macho stereotype of Ah-nold, or VanDamme movies. Nor in the tradition of the gangsta rap nonsense that just won't go away. I am a man in the sense that I work hard, play hard, take care of my family, and I enjoy some of the things that men do.

Finally, I'm a computer geek in almost an entirely stereotypical sense. I work as a web programmer of sorts, and I actually enjoy computer programming and software engineering. I'm working towards my masters degree in Information Technology with a specialization in System Design and Programming at Capella University. Capella is an online school so I'm on the internet almost 16 hours a day. I also teach online so that means even more time online.

As Kim du Toit once said, "I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance....I want the whole bloody thing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home